Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another Life in 2008















On October 25, 2007 exactly one year after Lily was born I got pregnant with another baby. When I for sure had a positive pregnancy test in November we were a little shell shocked. We weren't expecting that but we took it for the best and soon got really excited. I get pretty sick the first few months and it was hard to be pregnant and still take care of a baby but we did the best we could. On Valentine's day of 2008 we went in to have our ultrasound and find out what we were having. Up until that point I seriously had no clue what we were having and Gregg was "sure" it was going to be a boy. On our way to get the ultrasound I distinctly knew it was going to be a girl. We get situated in the radiologist room and while she was doing her ultrasound she wasn't able to get a super good look so she told us " I am pretty sure I know what it is but let's wait until after I am done checking her other things and look again." Well I look at Gregg and whispered "It's a girl." I had been able to see it was while she was looking. Well she comes back and says "Do you remember what it looked like with your previous baby?" And I said "Yea she had those 3 dots confirming its a girl and this one does too." And she says "Yep, your right. Its a girl." Even though Gregg I am sure was a little disappointed he didn't let it show and he seemed to be excited to have another girl. We knew that since her and Lily would be so close they would be such great friends. Before we knew what she was I always loved the name Macy but Gregg wasn't such a huge fan of it. Well when Gregg was telling his mom we were expecting a baby he had the feeling that if it was a girl her name would be Macy. Needless to say I was so excited. So we knew she was going to be Macy but we couldn't think of a middle name. Not until May did we finally decide on Paige and we just knew it was supposed to be that too. Well on June 23, 2008 exactly 3 weeks until she was due I went into my Dr.'s appointment at 9 that morning. I really wanted him to check me and to see if I was dialated because I had been having contractions so badly all weekend long. Also my blood pressure was really high and so he told me he wanted to do a stress test after my appointment in his other room to make sure everything was OK. Well he checks me and I was at 3 cm. His eyes grew wide and says if my pressure didn't go down then to expect a baby that day. Well I go into the other room to start my stress test and it showed I was contracting. And the nurse asked if I knew I was and of course I did, hello! So she comes back 15 minutes later and my contractions were close together like every 5 minutes and she was like "What if your in labor?" I really wasn't expecting to go into labor that day, did not have bags packed or anything. But I was expecting to go sometime later that week more like the weekend. So when she came back the third time and I was dialating every 2 minutes my Dr. told me to head straight up to OB. So I call Gregg and said I was heading to OB and that they thought I might be in labor. I get up there and they check me once again and I had dialated 1 cm more so I now was a 4 and my contractions were 1 minute a part. Well because I would be having another C Section I had to labor all day and wait until my Dr. was done with his clinicals. So around 4 the nurses came back to prep me for my C Section and got my catheter in and IV and then at 6 my Dr. came to prep me as well. They then wheeled me down to get my spinal and ready for surgery. At 7:37 PM Macy Paige was born and I knew right away something wasn't quite right since she didn't cry for a while. Well come to find out she had swallowed some amniotic fluid and wasn't breathing. When Gregg saw her she was blue but the pediatrician on call did an amazing job at getting her to breathe and getting the fluid out of her throat. It was such a relief to finally hear her cry. I couldn't see her for a while since she had to have oxygen just to be safe. So around 11 that night they brought her to me, tubes in her nose and all, and she was adorable. Looked nothing like Lily but I could tell they were sisters. She weighed 6lbs 10 oz and only 18 in. long. I was surprised since Lily was so long. Macy is now 2 and I am amazed at all the changes that have come our way with having two little girls. They are amazing and complete our lives. I love being a mother and the joy and happiness they BOTH bring to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment